Criteria for entry
The nominee must be a member of South Tees Hospitals NHS Trust staff working within the field of nursing or midwifery including:
- student nurses/midwives
- nursing cadets
- operating department practitioners.
- A military registered nurse or health care assistant who has distinguished themselves clinically whilst working in South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as part of the Ministry of Defence Hospital Unit (MDHU), Northallerton
Entrants may be nominated by a patient or their family, peers, colleagues, managers or mentors.
All applications must be submitted using the official form.
Nominations are welcome for single members of staff or for teams
Nominations should demonstrate the difference the entrant has made to improving the safety of patients and improving the patient experience by using the South Tees values that:
- Put the needs of the patients at the centre of everything we do
- Continuously seeks to improve the service we deliver to patients
- Recognise staff that support, respect and value each other
Judging criteria for Nightingale Award
The judging criteria for the Nightingale Award centres around the following:
- excellence in care
- empathy safety quality
- evidence based practice
Please include supporting evidence for the above criteria where possible.