Celebrating excellent care from amazing people
Every day our 9,000 staff give amazing care, treatment and support to people from across the region who depend on them.
Our staff – whether working in our hospitals or local communities, clinical or support services – do amazing things to provide the excellent harm free care that South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is known for locally, regionally and nationally.
To publicly recognise and celebrate those excellent services and the staff, volunteers and fundraisers who support them we hold the trust’s annual Star Awards which, this year, were held at the Middlesbrough Hotel.
Everything from embracing technology which supports patients and clinicians on the wards to the laundry and sewing room developing simple – but effective – ideas to help dementia patients was shared with an audience of around 200 people.
This full list of winners were:
- Clinical team of the year – community diabetes team
- Behind the scenes award – laundry and sewing room
- Partnership working award – the VitalPAC team
- Innovation award – robotic surgical team
- Volunteer of the year award – Claire Hood
- Margaret Toase unsung hero award – Dawn Coulthard
- Transformation award – medical engineering team
- Fundraiser of the year award – Tracy and Richard Clarke (Abbie’s Love)
- Extra Life award – Ray Wheatley
- Chairman’s Award – IMProVE team
Three special thank you awards were also given to Susan Benson, Stephen Bell and the paediatric team while Professor Tricia Hart, received a lifetime achievement award for the contribution she has made to the NHS over the last 40 years. A big thank you to our sponsors who made the event such a success. They were South Tees Hospitals Charity, P+HS Architects, Interserve, Endeavour SCH PLC, Neil Worland Partnership and the Royal College of Nursing.