Criteria for entry
The nominee must be a member of South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust staff working within the field of nursing or midwifery including:
- student nurses/midwives
- nursery/dental nurses
- operating department practitioners
- therapeutic care volunteers
- military registered nurses /healthcare assistants who have distinguished themselves clinically whilst working in the trust as part of the Ministry of Defence Hospital Unit (MDHU), Northallerton
Entrants may be nominated by a patient or their family, peers, colleagues, managers or mentors.
Nominations are welcome for single members of staff or for teams.
Nominations should demonstrate the difference the entrant has made to improving the safety of patients and improving the patient experience by using the South Tees values that:
- Put the needs of the patients at the centre of everything we do
- Continuously seeks to improve the service we deliver to patients
- Recognise staff that support, respect and value each other
Judging criteria for nightingale award
The judging criteria for the Nightingale Award centres around the following:
- excellence in care
- empathy safety quality
- evidence based practice
Please include supporting evidence for the above criteria where possible.