Strategy and business development team
Working with other corporate teams and supporting the clinical divisions, the strategy and business development team is responsible for:
- Strategy and business planning
- Managing the trust’s healthcare contracts (mainly with NHS Tees, NHS North Yorkshire and York, North of England Specialised Commissioning Group)
- Business development including service developments, competitive tendering and bids
Led by Iain Fuller, head of clinical contracting, the team has a wide range of experience and skills in strategic and business planning, contract management and negotiation, competitive tendering and bid development, business case development, project and programme management.
Working with a wide range of senior clinical and managerial staff across the trust and with other organisations across the North East and Yorkshire health systems, the team ensures the trust understands the environment and marketplace in which it operates, has a strategy that reflects its situation and goals, and has a business plan which will deliver its strategic goals.
The team manages the trust’s healthcare contracts with our commissioners:
- NHS South Tees CCG
- NHS Hartlepool and Stockton on Tees CCG
- NHS Darlington CCG
- NHS Durham Dales, Easington and Sedgefield CCG
- NHS North Durham CCG
- NHS Cumbria CCG
- NHS Hambleton, Richardmondshire and Whitby CCG
- NHS Harrogate and Rural District CCG
- NHS Scarborough and Ryedale CCG
- NHS Vale of York CCG
- Durham, Darlington and Tees Local Area Team
- Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear Local Area Team
- North Yorkshire and Humber Local Area Team
They support clinical divisions with business and contractual advice, project management and other skills in developing their services, dealing with commissioners and responding to competitive tendering opportunities. For major, strategic projects which affect the whole trust, the team will take the lead to manage the delivery of the project.