Treatment waiting time limits
In line with the NHS constitution, we aim to ensure that all our patients once referred are treated within the 18 week national waiting time standard.
If you think your wait has been longer than 18 weeks and you would like to talk to someone about what can be done about this please contact the patient experience team who will be able to review your treatment and advise on any action which you can take.
Please note, the right to start treatment within 18 weeks does not apply:
- if you choose to wait longer
- if delaying the start of your treatment is in your best clinical interests, for example where stopping smoking or losing weight is likely to improve the outcome of the treatment
- if it is clinically appropriate for your condition to be actively monitored in secondary care without clinical intervention or diagnostic procedures at that stage
- if you fail to attend appointments that you had chosen from a set of reasonable options, or
- if the treatment is no longer necessary