- Neuro-urology, andrology and fertility
- Ventilation management of spasticity in spinal cord injuries
- Began professional career in India before Higher Surgical Training in Ireland.
- Became Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons in 1989, then trained in Urology at Dublin, progressing as Registrar in Urology from Belfast to Scotland.
- Joined Salisbury Spinal Injuries Centre in 1996, moved as senior registrar to Southport Centre.
- During this time did 12 month rotation in Neuro-Rehabilitation at the University Hospital, Liverpool, and spent three months on secondment at the Midlands Centre