Making a request
Requests for information can be submitted:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to: Freedom of information, information governance, Murray building, The James Cook University Hospital, Marton Road, Middlesbrough, TS4 3BW
We have a duty to respond to each request for information within 20 working days. We also have a responsibility to inform the public about the scheme and meet our obligations to provide appropriate information in the interests of the public.
We shall supply any requested documents free of charge unless we notify the requester in advance. Under the terms of the act, we are not obliged to provide any information that meets the following criteria:
- confidential material*
- commerically sensitive or matters of security
- vexatious requests
- information available elsewhere
* as defined by the Data Protection Act
Personal information and accessing health records
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 you have ‘subject rights of access’ to view any information we keep concerning you, whether this is your medical records or on our electronic patient administration system. Our health records manager will be able to assist you. Please apply in writing to:Patient access office Murray Building The James Cook University Hospital Marton Road Middlesbrough TS4 3BW
We will not release health records to any other party than the individual concerned unless there is the appropriate power of attorney. A signed release form will be required.