The cardiac rhythm management service at the Friarage Hospital has been named Team of the Year at the Arrhythmia Alliance Excellence in Practice Awards.
Presented at the annual four day Heart Rhythm Congress in Birmingham, the award recognises the service developments that have taken place within cardiac rhythm management at the Friarage over the last five years.
These include the introduction of:
- A rapid access arrhythmia service
- Complex device patient repatriation and remote patient monitoring clinics
- Tertiary electrophysiology clinics
- Cardiac rhythm management pre-admission clinics
- A blackout and implantable loop recorder service
Consultant cardiologist Dr Andrew Turley said: “This is a tremendous accolade for everyone involved and is well-deserved national recognition for the hard work the team does day in and day out to make an outstanding contribution to patient care.
“As always I am grateful to Friends of Friarage in helping us complete the jigsaw with the introduction of the new blackout service.”