Do you want to be a doctor?
Why not join us at our careers development course here at The James Cook University Hospital on 21 July 2016 and see what the world of medicine is all about…
This one-day course costs £75 per person and includes a live video link to the operating theatre, the chance to chat to some of our current doctors and hands on workshops to get stuck into.
Medicine is a popular career choice and competition for places at medical school is extremely high.
Give yourself a head start and attend one of our essential teaching experiences which will help you decide if a career in medicine is right for you.
Feedback from last year’s event:
“An amazing day which has made me ever more determined to get into medical school and has given me more confidence in the practical skills we did, Thank you!”
“Brilliant day, better than expected and well worth the cost as it was an invaluable experience.”
This not-to-be-missed 1 day course will include:
- Answers to commonly asked questions about becoming a doctor
- Latest information on entry requirements and student funding
- What is medical school really like? Experiences from current medical school students
- Mock interview session
- Advice on medical specialties
- Hands on demonstrations and workshops including; basic life support, laparoscopy skills, vascular access, x-rays & POP application, airway & intubation
- A live video link to the operating theatre