We can get extremely busy at James Cook Hospital so please help us by only visiting A&E with genuine emergencies.
Remember you can also access the Minor Injury Unit at Redcar Hospital but if you’re not sure where to go, call NHS 111 for advice 24/7.
Important changes to urgent care services across South Tees from 1 April 2017
From 1 April 2017, NHS South Tees Clinical Commissioning Group will introduce a number of changes to urgent care to make it easier and more convenient for patients living across Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland to access GP appointments seven days a week.
Four extended hours GP centres will be open from 6pm to 9.30pm, Mondays to Fridays, and 8am to 9.30pm on weekends and Bank Holidays.
Choose the right NHS service:
- You should call the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.
- If your injury or illness is not serious you can go to a minor injury unit which could save you a long wait and will help staff in A&E concentrate on people with serious and life-threatening conditions.
- For urgent dental advice call 0300 123 1933.
- Northern Doctors Urgent Care provide an out of hours service across the North-east and can be contacted on 0300 123 1853
- Can’t get an appointment with your GP? Walk-in centres are GP led health centres available for both registered and non-registered patients to use. They are open from 8am till 8pm 7 days a week. Appointments can be pre-booked or you can walk-in and request an appointment. Local centres include:
- Find you nearest urgent care/walk-in centre – search by postcode on NHS Choices