Stop smoking support for staff has been launched as part of the Trust’s pledge to go smokefree by the end of March 2019.
Provided by occupational health, the 12-week programme is designed to help you stop smoking with the support of a qualified stop smoking advisor who will:
- Assess your level of nicotine dependence and advise on appropriate treatments
- Advise you on how to effectively use your chosen Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) products
- Advise you on how to identify your smoking triggers, avoid temptations and manage cravings/withdrawal symptoms
- Help you to remain motivated
- Provide you with vouchers for your NRT (Vouchers can be taken to pharmacies in the Redcar and Cleveland and Middlesbrough areas where your NRT can be collected/purchased)
- Provide continued support throughout your quit attempt
The programme consists of an initial assessment that will last 45 to 60 minutes followed by four weekly reviews. Support required after this will be determined by your progress.
Trust staff will be able to attend the service during working hours without any loss of pay. An appropriate time will need to be agreed in advance with line managers.
If you want to stop smoking or want to learn more about the stop smoking service please contact occupational health on 01642 282482 (extension 52482) or email email@example.com
Please note if you wish to use Champix in your quit attempt we would advise you to contact the Live Well Centre at the Dundas Arcade, Middlesbrough, on 01642 727579 or your GP practice.