The infection prevention and control team is based at The James Cook University Hospital, the Friarage Hospital and within the community and its work involves:
- Reviewing positive microbiology results
- Advising ward staff on the implications of those results
- Managing outbreaks of infection
- Delivering training
- Supporting staff on the wards
- Auditing clinical practice and the environment
- Advising on the procurement of new equipment or the design of new rooms and buildings.
- Provide advice on decontamination of equipment
The team works closely with the microbiology laboratories, infection control doctors and consultant microbiologists.