What you can do
Our success in combating healthcare associated infections cannot be achieved without the support of patients, visitors and staff.
The guidance documents linked to this page provide information that will help you to help us. If you have any questions or suggestions please contact the team on the telephone number located on this webpage.
The use of aprons and gloves and, most importantly, hand hygiene is the easiest way to reduce the spread of any infection and ensure that high standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times. In addition patients and visitors can follow the guidance below.
If you are a visitor:
- Follow our hand hygiene guidance
- Inform us if you notice a ward area, toilet or bathroom that is dirty so we can arrange for it to be cleaned.
If you are a patient:
- Try not to touch your wound, drip or catheter and don’t take off your dressing
- Ask friends and relatives not to visit you if they are unwell
- Ask friends and relatives not to sit on your bed
- Try and ensure you do not have too many visitors