Help with travel costs

If you are receiving benefits you may be entitled to help with travel costs if you are referred for NHS specialist treatment or diagnostic tests.

Who can get help with travel costs?

Support is usually available for people on the following benefits:

  • Guaranteed pension credit
  • Working families tax credit
  • Income support
  • Hc2 certificate
  • NHS tax credit
  • War pension
  • ESA – income related

How to get help with travel costs

If you receive treatment under the care of a consultant, or through a referral by a doctor or dentist, usually an NHS hospital will give you your refund when you go for treatment. If this is not possible you can complete a HC5(T) refund claim form. At James Cook you need to visit the cashiers desk which is based at North Entrance.

Useful links