Physiotherapy private services
South Tees provides individualised outpatient physiotherapy on a private basis for musculoskeletal problems, neurological problems and respiratory disorders.
We have a large team of highly specialised physiotherapists who work with patients to help restore movement and function which has been affected by injury, illness or disability.
‘Neuro’ physio is a specialism of physiotherapy working solely with people with neurological conditions such as:
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s disease (PD)
- Muscular dystrophy
- Acquired brain injuries (ABI)
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
- Any other brain or nerve disease
The physios are specialists in neurological conditions and advanced physio assessment and treatment. All the physios have enhanced handling skills for working with this patient group and have completed additional training to become specialists in this area.
Most of the neuro physiotherapists have completed Bobath training, which is a treatment approach for working with neurological conditions. The senior physiotherapists all complete additional post graduate training including MSc modules. The team leader physio has also completed an MSc in advanced clinical practice (neurological rehabilitation).
A number of the therapists also offer advanced techniques such as acupuncture and functional electrical stimulation (FES). Two of the physiotherapists are also qualified Botulinum Toxin injectors and hold a weekly spasticity clinic alongside the rehabilitation consultant to offer specialised spasticity management. The team offer a variety of services from individualised sessions, group sessions, self-management programmes and hydrotherapy.
Contact – Rosie Warnett on 01642 282610
We have a wide range of highly specialised staff including extended scope practitioners who offer individual sessions for patients with a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions including sports injuries. We offer specialists that include acute knees, shoulders, foot and ankle and spinal services. Our rehabilitation centre is a modern facility with a fully equipped gymnasium and hydrotherapy pool.
Contact rehabilitation centre – 01642 854453
We have a highly specialised paediatric physiotherapy team who offer:
- Neurodevelopment therapy (Bobath trained)
- Sensory integration assessments and packages
- Rebound therapy
- Hand writing skills
- Developmental co-ordination advice and intervention
- Complex care theory and practical (care agencies)
- Handling complex child
- Early infant assessment teaching and training
- Posture care advice
- Wheelchair skills
The facilities at West Acklam are leading for the northern region in ability to deliver SI assessment and treatment in line with NICE. Staff are fully trained. The building is designed to deliver SI, the outdoor therapy ‘play’ area now completes the full assessment needs.
Contact Katrina Blenkinsopp 01642 873901
Nutrition and dietetics
We can offer specialist nutrition and dietetics support to patients on a private patients for the following:
- Sports nutrition
- Paediatric obesity
- Adult weight management (which potentially could include preconception advice)
- Irritable bowel syndrome – FODMAP
Contact 01642 854777
Speech and language therapy
Highly specialist speech and language therapists can offer a range of services including:
- Voice care/prevention for companies eg call centres, teacher training colleges
- Relaxation/Mindfulness groups
- Dysphasia training for care staff eg nursing home companies who may wish to have a staff member trained to advise to avoid waiting list delays
- Adult dysfluency services for out of area patients where this service is not offered on the NHS
Contact – 01642 818544