Daily supervision: Holistic centre staff
Accountability: Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre business manager and head of complimentary therapies
Location: Trinity Holistic Centre, The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough
Aim: To raise awareness of the holistic centre and the services it provides. By providing this volunteer service you will help to support the care of patients with a cancer diagnosis and their families.
Holistic centre fundraiser volunteers will:
- Provide fundraising support for the holistic centre
- Support and organise a range of events and activities to raise money for the service
- Help to distribute posters and leaflets promoting fundraising opportunities
- Liaise with holistic centre staff and other colleagues regarding events and activities
- Liaise with community groups and businesses in the local area when necessary
- Collect donations as required and act as point of contact for events and donations
- Recognising the Trust policies and procedures and adhere to them at all times
- Use professional communication skills to converse effectively with a wide range of people
- Assist with the completion of fundraising documentation
- Recognise and respect confidentiality of everyone
- Present with appropriate work place behaviour
- Use professional interaction when learning to cope with new situations.
- Show respect, good manners and workplace etiquette
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be self-directive
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to the volunteering service
- Ability to work alone and as part of team
- Polite and approachable
- Friendly and professional approach
- Trust corporate training
- Therapeutic Support Programme – Volunteer Induction Training
- IT training – as required and only if necessary to the role
- Donning and doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE)
There may also be opportunities for you to attend other training events hosted by the Macmillan Cancer Support Services.
Your commitment to this role will be discussed on an individual basis.
The holistic centre and the therapeutic support programme team will provide you with any information updates, training opportunities and upcoming events on a regular basis.
Users of the service:
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust staff
All patients, carers and visitors at South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• NHS volunteer badge (provided)
To apply for this role please contact?
Therapeutic Support Programme Team Office
The James Cook University Hospital
Call the team on: 01642 835863
Email us at: [email protected]Volunteer application form and risk assessment