South Tees NHS Cancer Patient and Carer Group
South Tees NHS cancer patient and carer group is made up of patients and carers from the Friarage Hospital and The James Cook University Hospital as well as some of the NHS staff who work in cancer services.
The group was launched four years ago and has worked on a variety of projects including:
- The refurbishment of the Trinity Holistic Centre
- Improving access to the travel office
- Improving food on the chemotherapy ward
- Speaking at staff conferences
- Improving communications for treatment options and research trials
- Participating in the trust review of patient information
- Ensuring the involvement of carers when diagnostic test results are given
- Improving facilities for teenagers and young adults
Meetings are held at the hospitals four times a year and the next one takes place at James Cook on 16 April from 9.30am to 11.30am.