Support & Advice
Cardiac rehabilitation helpline
The cardiac rehabilitation helpline is available to provide specialist knowledge, help and support for patients and their relatives/carers following heart related illnesses.
What is available from a telephone advice line?
You will have the opportunity to:
- Discuss implications of your diagnosis
- Have dedicated time to discuss how to manage your condition
- Receive advice on all aspects of managing your condition
- Discuss and receive practical advice on a healthy lifestyle
Cardiac rehabilitation helpline numbers
The James Cook Hospital – 01642 854644
The Friarage Hospital – 01609 764402
This service is available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. If there is no one available to take your call or you are calling outside of these hours please leave a message on our answerphone and a member of the cardiac rehabilitaiton team will return your call at the earliest opportunity.
Medication advice line
The pharmacy department at The James Cook University Hospital has a medicines advice line for use if you have any questions or concerns about your medicines such as:
- How and when should I take them?
- Can I take other medicines with them?
- Can I drink alcohol with my medicines?
- Problems my medicines may cause?
You can call the MEDICINE HELPLINE on 01642 854741
This service is available between 10.30am and 12.30pm and 2pm and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please consult your GP or community pharmacist for information concerning prescriptions from your GP.