Ways to give feedback
- Feedback can be given in writing, via the phone, or by e-mail through the Trust’s Patient Advocacy and Liaison Service (PALs)
- Feedback can be given by writing a letter or a card to the sister in charge of the endoscopy unit where you had your procedure on. The addresses are as follows:
- Unit manager, Endoscopy, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, The James Cook University hospital, Marton Road, Middlesbrough, TS4 3BW
- Sister, Endoscopy, Friarage Hospital, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Bullamoor Road, Northallerton, DL6 1JG
- Feedback can also be given directly to the nurse in charge on the day of your procedure.
- You may also have been asked to give feedback when asked to complete one of our surveys or patient questionnaires.
- Nominating staff or teams for one of our Trust awards
All feedback is confidential. It is shared with the endoscopy unit staff, and action plans formulated if improvements are acted on. All feedback is welcomed as it helps us to continue to improve the service we provide.
If you wish to make a complaint you can also contact the PALs department who will talk you through the complaints process.