The neuro-rehabilitation ward at The James Cook University Hospital (ward 26) looks after patients who need to stay in hospital after having a treatment/procedure on the neurosurgery/neurology or trauma wards, or who are referred into the unit for specialist rehabilitation.
Our medical and nursing staff care for both men and women, aged 18 years and over. A full team of professionals are involved with our patients’ care including:
- occupational therapists
- speech and language therapists
Ward telephone number: 01642 854526
- Lives within area including Middlesbrough, Redcar, Cleveland, North Yorkshire, Co.Durham and Darlington, and North Tees.
- Adult – Aged 18 years or over
- New onset neurological condition or traumatic injury
- Identified therapy goals
- Ability to engage in and tolerate intensive rehabilitation
Conditions treated include:
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS) & Chronic Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP)
- Major trauma
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Neuro-immunological disease
And many more….
- Ward manager – Paula Wilson
- Consultant in rehabilitation medicine – Dr Talal Stephan
- Consultant in rehabilitation medicine – Dr Shahul Hameed
- Associate specialist in rehabilitation medicine – Dr Aung Aung
- Senior specialist occupational therapists – Kathryn Malcolm/Nicola Sexton
- Senior specialist physiotherapist – Jenny Farquhar
- Senior specialist speech and language therapist – Poppy Larkin
- Neuro psychologist – Dr Jenna Moffit
Contact us: 01642 854526
Referral formReferral form
The above referral form needs to be completed in full, ideally by a multi-disciplinary team. Please ensure you have included as much information as possible to ensure a timely and accurate response.
Please return by email to the above address or in person to the ward. Please feel free to get in touch for more information or to find out more about our referral process.