Parkinson's Disease Service
The PD service aims to provide a co-ordinated and accessible service for people with PD, their family and carers across Teesside, County Durham and North Yorkshire.
We aim to provide specialist advice, support and information on all aspects of a person with Parkinson’s care by offering access to a range of healthcare professionals.
Role of the PD Nurse Service
- A point of contact for people with PD, their family and carers
- Support, advice and counselling for those newly diagnosed
- Information and advice, either over the phone, via email, in the clinic or where appropriate in your own home
- Assessments of your needs, ongoing support and monitoring of your condition and treatment
- Appropriate referrals to other services
- If you have to go into hopital for any reason the PD nurse will liaise with ward staff and let them know your needs about PD medications
- Training and education
This website is here to provide information on PD for patients, carers and health care professionals and includes local and national PD related information.