South Tees Wheelchair Service
What we do
- Our service provides clinical assessment for the provision and supply of manual and powered wheelchairs to residents of Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland with permanent mobility impairment.
- We may also assess and provide special seating, postural and pressure care equipment for use with wheelchairs supplied by the service.
- Equipment may be trialled and options for provision discussed, taking into account clinical and functional issues plus service criteria and funding restrictions on certain types of equipment provision.
- We follow North East Specialised Commissioning Group Regionally Agreed Criteria (2008) for the assessment and provision of any wheelchairs and equipment.
- If you are supplied with a wheelchair you will be provided with information about how to look after it.
- Should you have any problems with your wheelchair repairs and adjustments can be carried out.
- Details of this service will be provided when your wheelchair is issuedWe have a collection and delivery service.