Community neurological rehabilitation
We promote and enable clients’ independence in activities of daily living by providing community based rehabilitation.
Examples of treatment programmes offered:
- Enabling independence in personal/domestic skills
- Facilitating access to community resources
- Teaching ways to manage finances/budgeting
- Developing skills to look for or return to work/education
- Management of fatigue/pain
Who do we work with?
- Clients must be aged 16-65 years
- Reside in the South Tees area
- Have an identified community rehabilitation need
- The client must agree to the referral being made
- Equipment-only referrals will be re-routed to other OT teams
Examples of conditions that clients may have include:
- Acquired brain injury, progressive neurological conditions eg multiple sclerosis
- Non-progressive conditions eg cerebral palsy
We are a team of specialist occupational therapists who have a sound knowledge of neurological impairments and their effect on function. We assess each client’s physical, emotional, cognitive and functional ability. We also consider the client’s personal situation, environmental factors, and their goals and aspirations in formulating a treatment plan with them.
What happens during the appointment?
We will usually see the client for the first time in their own home for an initial assessment. We will observe the clients ability in a variety of tasks and discuss with them what they would like to achieve. We will then agree a plan with the client for a programme of activity. We will carry out the plan in the most appropriate place for the client; this could be their home, a community location, college or work place.
Where are we based?Middlesbrough Intermediate Care Centre
TS3 8PN Tel: 01642 513149
When are we available?
Monday to Wednesday – 8.30am to 4.15pm
Thursday and Friday – 9.30am to 2.30pm
How to refer?
Referrals and queries should be directed to:Sarah Heathcote or Fiona Fletcher
Middlesbrough Intermediate Care Centre
TS3 8PN Tel: 01642 513120