The osteoporosis service provides specialist multidisciplinary assessment to people aged 50 years and over who attend A&E, fracture clinic or a primary care hospital due to a fracture and who are deemed at risk of further fall or fracture.
The osteoporosis service runs alongside the current orthopaedic care that patients are receiving for their fracture. It aims to look after the strength of their bones in order to reduce the risk of another fracture occurring.
Specialist assessments include:
- Assessment of your bone health
- Identification of how we can strengthen your bones
- Referral for a bone density scan if necessary
- Medication assessment and recommendations
- Falls prevention assessment
Specialist assessments are taken place in a clinic based in the community close to the patients home.
- Osteoporosis nurse
- Healthcare assistant
- Admin assistant.
Where are we based?Unity House Elizabeth Terrace North Ormesby Middlesbrough TS3 6EN Tel: 01642 944483 Fax: 01642 944658
When are we available?
Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- International Osteoporosis Foundation
- Osteoporosis resources for primary care
- National Osteoporosis Society
The National Osteoporosis Society has a South Tees Support Group. Meetings are held at St Barnabas Church Hall, St Barnabas Road, Linthorpe, Middlesbrough. TS5 6JR. For further information contact 07407414944 or Email: email@example.com