Senior therapeutic care support worker role
- Identify, assess and document the one to one and enhanced observation needs of patients to ensure that the appropriate level of care is provided from the therapeutic care team
- Be the first point of contact for ward staff regarding enhanced observation levels for patients and they will support staff with the plan of care for patients requiring enhanced observation
- Support training to staff on the CG47 Enhanced Observation Guidance
- Work in a supportive role within therapeutic care and oversee the allocation of therapeutic care support workers across the James Cook site
- Use appropriate communication skills to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of people, recognising and managing barriers to communication.
- Understand the importance of early identification of changes in patient behaviour and instigate a plan of care. This information will be collated and inputted to allow for safe and effective allocation of staff.
- Recognise and respect patient confidentiality