Therapeutic care support worker role
- Provide a full range of therapeutic care and interaction to patients whilst maintaining respect for the individuality, confidentiality and dignity of our patients. The role is underpinned by the Chief Nursing Officer’s 6Cs
- Provide one to one enhanced observation for patients assessed and cared for under CG47 level 3 observations
- Be an active member of the team demonstrating a range of nursing skills to meet the needs of the patient in a safe, caring environment that promotes dignity, privacy and respect, under appropriate supervision
- Use appropriate communication skills to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of people, recognising and managing barriers to communication.
- Understand the importance of early identification of changes in patient behaviour and instigate a plan of care
- Recognise and respect patient confidentiality