Frequently asked questions - STart
How do I submit and entry for the competition?
Submissions can be made through our online voting platform.
Who are the judges for this year’s competition?
The judging line up includes an accomplished local artist Mackenzie Thorpe, who designed the trust’s “People’s Medal”, along with local contemporary artist Sarah Cooney and professional fine art painter, Julia Borodina, originally from Tobolsk in Western Siberia, Russia, but now based in the North.
What are the judging criteria?
Artworks will be judged on their artistic quality and appeal. Our panel of judges will be looking for:
- how well does it link to what it represents
- how well has the idea been executed
- how well did the piece evoke interest/excitement/emotion/intrigue/reaction.
Will members of the public be able to vote for their favourite artwork?
Members of the public will be able to vote for their favourite piece through our online voting platform.
Are there prizes?
- There will be a £100 prize for best entry judged by our judging panel.
- There’s a prize for the people’s choice judged by the public via our online voting platform.
Can I sell my work online?
If someone contacts us wishing to purchase your piece we will put them in contact with yourself. The trust will not charge any commission for this.
Do I need to work for the trust to enter?
Yes. This competition is only open to trust employees.
Terms and conditions
You can read terms and conditions here.