- Hernia; abdominal wall hernia; inguinal hernia (primary and recurrent); femoral hernia; spigelian hernia; incisional hernia; umbilical and paraumbilical hernias; laparoscopic (key hole) repair of hernia; open repair of hernia; mesh repair of hernia; sportsperson’s hernia/ sportsperson’s groin
- Gall bladder (infection, cholecystitis, gall stones, polyps, dyskinesia), laparoscopic cholecystectomy (keyhole surgery to remove gall bladder)
- Upper gastrointestinal tract disease – dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing), dyspepsia (indigestion), heartburn, acid reflux, abdominal pain, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), hiatus hernia, para-oesophageal hernia, anti-reflux surgery
- Endoscopy (Oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy /OGD/ Upper GI endoscopy) to investigate various upper abdominal symptoms
- Master of Surgery (MS)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (FRCSEd)
- PG Certificate in Medical Education
- Diploma in Laparoscopic Surgery
Mr Munipalle is a consultant general and upper GI laparoscopic surgeon, practising at The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough and Friarage Hospital, Northallerton. In addition, he runs an outreach clinic at Guisborough General Hospital.
He obtained Master of Surgery (MS) after general surgical training in India. He obtained FRCSEd (Gen Surgery), M Phil and PG cert in Clinical Education in UK.
His interests are day case and laparoscopic surgery. He leads the acute laparoscopic cholecystectomy (hot gallbladder) service for South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
In addition to delivering excellent clinical service, his interests include teaching and research.