- Upper gastro-intestinal surgery
- Oesophageal and gastric cancer surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Management of gallstone disease
- Surgical management of hiatal hernia and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Trauma surgery
I completed my undergraduate medical training at Newcastle University, with an additional year doing a research Masters degree in gastrointestinal disease in the Gambia.
I completed my surgical training in the North of England, during which time I specialised in the surgical management of oesophageal and gastric cancer, with specialist training at the South Tees and Newcastle hospitals. During that time I took two years out of surgical training to complete my MD.
On completion of my registrar training, I gained further specialist experience during 12 months working as the upper GI fellow at the Monash Medical Centre in Melbourne.