How to apply
- Use a piece approximate 1 inch (2.5cm) wide and 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) long.
- Wrap slowly around the affected finger joint adding some tension with every wrap – but do not over tighten.
- Peel off at the end of the day. The piece can be washed by hand, dried and re-used for 3 to 4 days.
- Wear as required during the day for up to two hours at a time.
- Do not wear overnight.
- Remove before immersing your hands in water or cover with a glove.
Please check for:
- The very tip of your finger should always be visible. If the tip change colour or you get pins and needles or numbness – take the tape off and reapply slightly looser.
- If this has the same effect, take it off and discontinue use.
- Increase in pain or worsening of symptoms.
- Allergic reaction such as raised, itchy, red rash.
- If you experience any allergic reaction discontinue use.
- No improvement in symptoms after wearing for 2 hours.
If you have any concerns, remove it and discontinue use, and inform your therapist.
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust would like your feedback. If you wish to share your experience about your care and treatment or on behalf of a patient, please contact The Patient Experience Department who will advise you on how best to do this.
This service is based at The James Cook University Hospital but also covers the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton, our community hospitals and community health services.