Head and Neck Cancer Services
This leaflet has been designed to give you and your family information about what to expect next:
When: Monday to Friday
Please note: If you miss a treatment or there is a bank holiday you may need two treatments in one day.
- Once a week, every week 6 cycles in total.
Within the next 7 to 10 days from the signing of consent:
- The radiotherapy planning department will organise a date for mask fitting and inform you
- You will have a CT scan in your mask for planning purposes (either on the same day or soon after)
- If you require a feeding tube you will hear from the endoscopy or gastroenterology department to arrange an appointment for assessment of this.
Within the next 10-14 days from the signing of consent:
- You will receive your treatment schedule
- You will have a weekly treatment review
- If you have any concerns you can discuss with staff in the department or call the numbers you have been given
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust would like your feedback. If you wish to share your experience about your care and treatment or on behalf of a patient, please contact The Patient Experience Department who will advise you on how best to do this.
This service is based at The James Cook University Hospital but also covers the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton, our community hospitals and community health services.