Our obstetric physiotherapists provide an antenatal class to help you prepare yourself for labour. It includes:
- Pregnancy advice, stretches and exercises
- Positioning during the stages of labour
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Practical use of birthing balls and beanbags
- Pain relief options including use of TENS
- Tour of delivery wards
There are both evening and day sessions, held on a Thursday, depending on availability.
Please book on as early as possible (preferably before 25 weeks) as places are limited.
How to book
Please send in the physiotherapy Preparation for labour booking form (sent in your first scan appointment pack) to the physiotherapy rehabilitation department.
If you have misplaced this form, please pick up a spare one from the maternity reception desk.