To view video demonstrations of the below exercises please click
- Sit with your bottom at the back of your seat ensuring that your lower back has support.
- Rest your forearms on your desk with your elbows at 90 degrees.
- Relax your shoulders, do not allow them to become elevated or round.
- Make sure both feet are flat on the floor and your knees are level with your hips.
- Adjust your chair or footstool or other support if needed.
- Imagine there is a piece of string on the top of your head drawing you up towards the ceiling. This will prevent slumping and help keep you upright.
- If you use a telephone for more than 40% of your working day you may want to consider a headset for more efficient working.
- Take regular breaks and vary tasks to prevent static loading and fatigue.
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust would like your feedback. If you wish to share your experience about your care and treatment or on behalf of a patient, please contact The Patient Experience Department who will advise you on how best to do this.
This service is based at The James Cook University Hospital but also covers the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton, our community hospitals and community health services.