Material: Ready-made fabric with lycra.
Purpose: To reduce swelling in hands and To support the small joints of the fingers.
Do not wear whilst driving as grip is reduced
Care of your gloves
Hand wash in warm, soapy water and allow to dry. Do not tumble dry.
Please check for:
- Pressure areas or soreness of skin
- Increase in pain or discomfort or worsening of symptoms whilst wearing the gloves.
- No improvement in condition after trying them out for 2-3 weeks as directed by your therapist.
- Allergic reaction such as raised, itchy, red rash.
- If fingertips discolour or you get pins and needles or numbness in fingertips
- Repair or alteration is necessary.
In the event of any of the above. Discontinue wearing your splint(s) and contact your therapist on the details below.
|Date of review:
|Date of issue:
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust would like your feedback. If you wish to share your experience about your care and treatment or on behalf of a patient, please contact The Patient Experience Department who will advise you on how best to do this.
This service is based at The James Cook University Hospital but also covers the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton, our community hospitals and community health services.