You are about to start one of the most exciting and amazing journeys of your life.
Throughout your pregnancy you will be cared for by The Primrose Team. The Primrose Team midwives are committed to making sure you have all the information and support to choose what is right for you and your baby.
If you need to be seen by a member of our medical team we will ensure you are seen by an appropriate specialist who will provide all of your medical care alongside your named midwife.
- A named midwife from The Primrose Team to plan and oversee your antenatal care.
- A regular schedule of antenatal appointments with your named midwife or another member of The Primrose Team.
- Regular communication between you, your named midwife, The Primrose Team, your health visitor and named doctor to ensure you receive the most appropriate care and support throughout your pregnancy.
- The opportunity to learn about your developing baby, the birth and becoming a parent which is tailored to your needs.
- The chance to meet up with other mums-to-be at regular events hosted by The Primrose Team. You also get the chance to meet the rest of the midwives.
- When you have your baby your named midwife or another member of the Primrose Team will care for you throughout your labour. Your team midwife will have specialist support from the hospital midwives and doctors to ensure that you have the best possible care in labour.
- Whenever possible, one of The Primrose Team midwives will visit you in hospital following the birth of your baby, and plan to visit you at home.
- You will be visited at home following your discharge from hospital by your named midwife or another member of The Primrose Team. We will check that both you and your baby are well, support you in feeding and caring for your new baby, and discuss any other questions or concerns you may have. We will visit you at home a number of times over the first couple of weeks to make sure that you are recovering well and gaining confidence in your new role as a mum.
- When we discharge you from the care of The Primrose Team we will hand over to your health visitor to make sure you continue to be supported over the coming weeks and months.