We know it can be a difficult and daunting time for people who have had an acquired brain injury (ABI), and for their families and carers.
We aim to answer any questions you or your family may have about acquired brain injuries and to help support you through your treatment and as you begin your life after ABI.
Charities for further ABI information
- Brainbox – Aims to support for TBI patients under 25 years of age
- Brain Injury Hub – Information for families of ABI children
- Headway UK – Aims to support life after brain injury
- Headway Teesside – Local branch of Headway
- Matrix Neurological – Teesside charity supporting children and young people with acquired brain injuries; and providing practical help and support to their parents and families
- Different Strokes – Aims to support younger stroke survivors
- Stroke Association – Aims to support life after stroke