Epilepsy Service (Adult)
Welcome to the epilepsy service (adult) webpage.
The epilepsy service offers a specialist service for patients with epilepsy, their family members and carers within Teesside, County Durham and North Yorkshire. We aim to provide specialist advice, support and information in all aspects of epilepsy care. The role of the service includes helping people to understand modern epilepsy care through education and training. We are able to work with the other health care professionals and individuals involved in your care.
Role of the service
- To be a single point of contact for patients, relatives, carers and health care professionals.
- To give a holistic assessment and provide ongoing support and monitoring.
- To provide individual management plans.
- To be an effective and coordinated link between hospitals, community services and other health care professionals who may be involved in a patients care.
- To provide appropriate, timely and accurate information along with specialist advice to patients, families and their carers during investigations and from the time of diagnosis.
- To promote a wider understanding of epilepsy by providing education, advice and support to other healthcare professionals and voluntary agencies involved in any aspect of a patients care.
- To develop the epilepsy service through regular review and patient involvement.
This website is here to provide information on the epilepsy service (adult) for patients, carers and health care professionals.