The fracture liaison service (FLS) provides specialist multi-specialist assessment to people aged 50 years and over who attend the emergency department, fracture clinic or a primary care hospital due to a fracture occurring following low trauma (such as slips, trips and falls).
The fracture liaison service runs alongside the current orthopaedic care that patients are receiving for their fracture. It aims to identify people at risk of osteoporosis following a low trauma fracture.
- Assessment of your bone health and osteoporosis risk
- Identification of how we can strengthen your bones
- Referral for a bone density scan if necessary
- Medication assessment and recommendations
- Falls prevention assessment
The FLS team
- Fracture liaison specialist nurse
- Healthcare assistant
- Admin assistant
Where are we based?
Fracture Liaison Service
Low Grange Health Village
Tel: 01642 944483
When are we available?
Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 4.30pm.