This is an electronic system aimed at giving mothers more access to and control of their pregnancy records and care notes.
What is Badger Notes?
Badger Notes is an online portal and app that allows you to access your maternity records over the internet through your PC, tablet device or mobile phone.
The information that you view is generated in real-time from your hospital-based maternity system, using details entered by your midwife or other health professionals involved in your care.
This new service allows you to have more convenient and timely access to key information, and also ensure that your choices on what you want to happen at each stage are clearly captured for all those caring for you to see.
Key features of the system
Care Plan – A week by week timeline of your pregnancy
Learn about your baby’s development
Access information recommended by your midwife
Learn about events likely to happen each week
View your booked appointments
Write a personal diary entry and add a photo
Enter blood pressure or pulse oximetry readings if asked to do so by your midwife
View extracts of information direct from your medical Record
View the members of your care team
Watch the Antenatal care summary report grow into a record of some of your key pregnancy events
Submit your thoughts and questions about your antenatal care, birth plan and postnatal care to your midwife – they will review this with you at your next scheduled visit
A full library of the trust’s pregnancy patient information leaflets
What are the benefits?
Badger Notes directly links to BadgerNet’s Maternity Notes, a new digital system which is replacing our old handheld paper notes.
This means you can add to your maternity notes directly through the Badger Notes portal or app.
For example, you can add information about yourself, such as:
- Your occupation and any allergies. This can be discussed with your midwife at your booking appointment.
- Your plans and preferences for birth
- Feedback regarding your antenatal care, labour and birth experiences
There are a number of benefits to the trust using BadgerNet’s Maternity Notes over paper notes:
- Information can be shared with you directly from the maternity system, such as appointment dates and test results
- Records can be easily updated at each maternity visit or appointment and can be viewed by yourself at any point during or after your maternity journey
- Midwives do not have to double enter data onto paper handheld notes and an internal system
- Only those with the correct login details are able to access your notes.
How secure is it?
All information is held securely and cannot be accessed without the correct login details, similar to internet banking.
Badger Notes is powered by BadgerNet, the same secure platform used by healthcare professionals involved in your maternity care.