Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we have had to make some changes to the way that we deliver our orthodontic service in order to maintain the safety of our patients and our staff. As a result of this, we are seeing fewer patients per day so please be patient with us.
The department is open as normal. If there is any change to the government guidance which results in us having to cancel routine appointments then we will contact you.
We are planning to resume our orthodontic service at the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton from 4 May 2021. Please check your appointment letter carefully to ensure that you know where your appointment is taking place. If you are unsure where your appointment is taking place then please telephone the department on 01642 854281 and our team will be able to help you.
Understandably, we do still have a large backlog of patients due to the department being closed for several months last year. Therefore, we kindly ask that you are patient with us as we are doing our best to accommodate everyone in chronological order.
If you are unable to attend your appointment then please telephone the department on 01642 854281 as soon as possible so that your appointment can be offered to somebody else.
If your brace has broken and needs to be repaired please contact the orthodontic department on 01642 854281. Our reception team will do their best to accommodate you as soon as possible to have your brace repaired – please do not attend the department without arranging an appointment in advance.
To maintain the safety of our patients and our staff:
- Please do not attend the department if you or any of your household has symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been told to isolate.
- Patients who are under 18 or vulnerable adults are permitted to attend with one escort only. Please do not bring any other children to the appointment. Older children are allowed to attend the department on their own if their parents are happy for them to do so.
- In line with government guidance, all hospital visitors are required to wear a face covering and there will be masks available at the entrance to the hospital if you do not have your own.
- Please arrive at the department no more than five minutes in advance of your appointment time, this is to minimise the number of patients in the waiting room and allow for social distancing.
- At the entrance to the department you will be required to use alcohol hand gel.
- Our clinical staff will be wearing masks, visors, aprons and gloves. Depending on the procedure being carried out they may also be wearing a surgical gown. Please do not be alarmed by this, it is only to maintain your and our safety.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the orthodontic department on 01642 854281 and one of our team will endeavour to help you.