Managing Back Pain
7 Golden Rules for Back Pain
- Keep moving, even if slowly at first.
- Keep living and working normally. This is important and is the best way to get better.
- Don’t worry if your back still hurts at work, consider doing light tasks at first, speak to your manager about work concerns that you may have.
- Don’t sit down for too long, change positions regularly wherever you are.
- Avoid bed rest during the day.
- Stay active and remember to re-introduce activities like heavy lifting gradually.
- Exercise really helps your back and can relieve pain, start with light fitness training. Moving will make you stronger, keeping active is the best thing you can do.
Patient information videos
- BACK To Health Programme
- National Low Back and Radicular Pain Pathway
- NoE Low Back and Radicular Pain Programme