We also carry out satellite outpatient clinics, including dermatological surgery and phototherapy at three other hospitals:
- University Hospital of North Tees (Drs Carmichael, Darné and Tang)
- University Hospital of Hartlepool (Drs Fatah and Seukeran)
- Friarage Hospital, Northallerton (Drs Azad and Cousen)
We actively participate in national and local research projects. We also invest in education and training for medical students, junior doctors and GPs.
The James Cook University Hospital
We have both inpatient and outpatient facilities at James Cook.
Dedicated dermatology inpatient beds for emergency and elective admissions are within a divisional ward. Outpatient appointments are held in the glaxo department of dermatology.
Both the ward and outpatient department are staffed by experienced dermatology teams.
- General dermatology (All)
- Dermatological surgery (Drs Azad, Cousen, Darné, Ellis and Seukeran)
- Contact dermatitis clinic including patch testing and photo patch testing* (Dr Cousen)
- Vulval clinic* (Dr Azad)
- Genodermatoses clinic* (quarterly – Drs Carmichael and Brennan)
- Paediatric dermatology JCUH (Dr Natarajan)
- Paediatric dermatology UHNT (Dr Darné)
- Nurse-led paediatric eczema clinic* (Sister Barbara Mohan)
- Photo dynamic therapy (PDT)* (Dr Seukeran)
- Laser surgery SK:N JCUH (Dr Seukeran)
- PUVA (treatment psoriasis, eczema)
- Extremity PUVA (treatment psoriasis and eczema hands and feet)
- TLO1 (UVB, for the treatment of psoriasis, eczema, itch)
- Intralesional triamcinolone via Dermajet for alopecia
- Liquid nitrogen treatment
- Iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis*
- Drug monitoring – nurse led – patients on second line therapies*
*only available at The James Cook University Hospital