This enables you to look at ways in which you can control these risk factors in order to prevent further heart problems in the future.
Risk factors can be split into two categories modifiable and non-modifiable.
- Raised cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Lack of exercise
- Poor diet
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Family history
- Ethnic background
Control your risk factors by
- stopping smoking
- taking your medication regularly as prescribed
- following a heart healthy diet
- participating in regular physical activity