The MND Care Centre offers a coordinated and accessible service for patients with MND, their family members and carers within Teesside, County Durham and North Yorkshire.
We aim to provide specialist advice, support and information in all aspects of a MND patients care by offering access to a range of professionals.
Role of the centre
- To be a single point of contact for patients, relatives, carers and health care professionals
- To give a holistic assessment either in the clinic or home setting and provide ongoing
support and monitoring.
- To provide individual care and treatment plans.
- To be an effective and coordinated link between hospitals, community services and other health care professionals who may be involved in a patients care.
- To provide appropriate, timely and accurate information along with specialist advice to patients, families and their carers during investigations and from the time of diagnosis.
- To promote a wider understanding of MND by providing education, advice and support to other healthcare professionals and voluntary agencies involved in any aspect of a patients care.
- To promote the effectiveness and impact of the MND service through regular review and patient involvement.
This website is here to provide information on MND for patients, carers and health care professionals and includes local and national MND related information.
If you would like further information about any aspect of MND, do not hesitate to get in touch via the contact details page.