We aim to provide specialist advice, support and information on all aspects of a person with Parkinson’s care by offering access to a range of healthcare professionals.
Role of the PD nurse service
- A point of contact for people with PD, their family and carers
- Support, advice and counselling for those newly diagnosed
- Information and advice, either over the phone, via email, in the clinic or where appropriate in your own home
- Assessments of your needs, ongoing support and monitoring of your condition and treatment
- Appropriate referrals to other services
- If you have to go into hopital for any reason the PD nurse will liaise with ward staff and let them know your needs about PD medications
- Training and education
This website is here to provide information on PD for patients, carers and healthcare professionals and includes local and national PD related information.