The trust will offer a general induction for all new starters, but we believe an enhanced induction is needed for international medical graduates.
Whilst there are generic principles covering language and communication, most doctors will need a more bespoke package to enable them to transition into a new culture of working.
A subsequent departmental induction will also be provided.
Suggested content for e-learning and face to face induction programme
- Working in the NHS and GMC GMP
- Understanding of other key organisations (HEE, GMC, BMA, Defence Union, Royal Colleges)
- Appraisal and revalidation
- How to raise concerns
- Duty of candour
- Mental capacity assessment
- Cole of multi-professional clinical team
- Cultural awareness
- Reporting mechanisms
- Prescribing and documentation
- Role of doctor in complaints and incidents
- End of life care
- Who to go to for support