The NHS continues to face tough times in light of the on-going difficult financial climate and innovation has a vital role to play by improving the quality of patient care and releasing savings through productivity.
Innovation is important to the NHS, for three reasons;
- Innovation transforms patient outcomes.
- Innovation can simultaneously improve quality and productivity.
- Innovation is good for economic growth.
Each of our innovations covers one of these reasons.
If you are interested in any of the innovations and would like to know more details please contact the innovation hub via email [email protected] or call 01642 854199 or if you work within the trust, you are welcome to pop into the innovation hub based in the STRIVE Academic Centre.
Examples of our innovations
- Use of Attend Anywhere
- Cervix visual assessment guide
- The chemotherapy service
- Development of a patient or relative self administration programme to administer subcutaneous Cytarabine
- Home administration of IV antibiotics
- Physiotherapy mobility communication charts
- 3D print lab
- Nurse Kit Bag
Our case studies are also part of Health Innovation North East and North Cumbria’s (HI-NENC) innovation library which showcases emerging and adopted health innovations throughout the region, leading to improvements in patient safety, quality and outcomes and efficiency.
Further information can be found at healthinnovationnenc.org.uk