Putting you in the driving seat
We are working with our digital solutions provider, DrDoctor, to send text messages to some of our outpatients to ensure we see people in the right place, in the right time.
Look out for a text message from us
The text message will ask you if you still need your outpatient appointment and will include a secure link where you can respond with yes, no or unsure.
Please do not ignore this message – your response will be crucially important to help us manage your ongoing care.
Depending on your response, we will contact you again with further advice and guidance on next steps.
If you have a medical problem or concern, and are unsure what to do, please contact your usual healthcare provider (for example your GP, pharmacist or NHS 111) directly.
What should I do if I receive a text?
If you are waiting for an outpatient appointment, we’ll send you a text message from +447860039092 asking you to respond to an online question
- Follow the drdoctor.thirdparty.nhs.uk link in the text message to let us know if you still need your appointment.
- Once you’ve responded, we’ll ask you to verify your date of birth. If you are answering on behalf of someone else, please use the patient’s date of birth.
- Depending on your response, you will either remain on our waiting list or if requested we will discharge you back to the care team that referred you.
Secure and easy access online
DrDoctor is accredited to the highest standards set by the NHS for protecting the healthcare information of UK citizens. The link you receive via text is safe to click on.
For more information, see www.my.drdoctor.co.uk/privacy
Quick Question frequently asked questions
Is the link in the text message trustworthy?
The drdoctor.thirdparty.nhs.uk link in your text messages are trustworthy and are delivered by our partner DrDoctor.
DrDoctor is accredited to the highest standards set by the NHS for protecting the healthcare information of UK citizens.
Why are you asking me for my date of birth?
After you have answered the question, we will ask you to confirm your date of birth so the booking team can confirm that the text message was sent to the right person.
If the date of birth you give is different from the date of birth we have on record for you, we will be able to see this and follow up with you as appropriate.
If you are answering on behalf of someone else, please use the patient’s date of birth.
If you have received a text message about a operation or procedure you are waiting for and have any queries please contact the service directly using the contact details below
- Trauma and orthopaedic surgery tel: 01642 854416
- General surgery tel: 01642 854416
- Vascular surgery tel: 01642 854859
- Gynaecology tel: 01642 850 850 and enter extension 56996 when prompted
- Cardiology tel: 01642 282414
- Cardiothoracics tel: 01642 282892
- Neurosurgery and spinal surgery tel: 01642 850 850 and enter extension 55310 when prompted
- Plastic surgery tel: 01642 850 850 and enter extension 55906 when prompted
- Oral Surgery, maxillo-facial surgery, restorative dentistry, orthodontics: 01642 854200 or 01642 850281
- Ear, nose and throat tel: 01642 850 850 and enter extension 54063 when prompted