A privacy notice is a statement issued by an organisation which explains how personal and confidential information about individuals is collected, used and shared. A copy of the trust’s privacy notices can be found below:
- Patient and Service User’s Privacy Notice
- Children’s Privacy Notice
- Staff Privacy Notice
- National Fraud Initiative
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page frequently to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 July 2012.
What we may collect
- Your name and job title
- Contact information including email address and telephone
- Your address and postcode
- Subscriptions to our eNewsletter
- Personal and contact information provided on behalf of award nominees
Any email address data collected is never passed on to any third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, do not tick the box to indicate that you want your email address to be used by for email marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for email marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to the address given below or by emailing us
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the data protection act. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Patient Access Team, Murray Building, South Tees Hospitals NHS Fundation Trust, The James Cook University Hospital, Marton Road, Middlesbrough TS4 3BW.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.