If you need to stay in hospital after your operation or procedure you will be admitted to ward 22.
Ward 22 is our children and young people’s surgical and trauma ward.
It is a17-bedded ward with side rooms and four-bedded bays.
It is also home to our:
- Children and young people’s sleep service
- Children and young people’s critical care unit
- Children and young people’s pre assessment unit
Where to find ward 22
We are on the first floor in the south side of The James Cook University Hospital about half way along the corridor.
- Due to COVID-19 we are restricted to two people at each patient’s bedside at any one time.
- Parents and carers are welcome to visit at any time during the day and one resident parent or carer can stay overnight.
- All other visitors can attend between 11am to 7.30pm.
- Please do not visit if you have symptoms of an infectious disease or have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Always gel your hands on entering and leaving the ward